We are Loving
The lockdown slowdown has driven a new phenomenon - FOGO (fear of going out). With many us gaining a few extra pounds over the lockdown, the lockdown slowdown is the time to Get Back On Track. Even our FAB Kelly Brook admits she has gained a few pounds,
"I wasn't at all surprised to see my weight creep up a little over the last few weeks. Life is full of ups and downs, and the last few weeks have certainly been a roller coaster for all of us. Gaining a few pounds here and there isn't a big deal – let's face it we've had bigger things to worry about lately, but it's really important for me to know I have the ways and means to get back on track to looking and feeling my best again".
"I call it my 'Lockdown MOT'. It's not just about losing the extra pounds - it's more than that. It's about getting my self-esteem and confidence back so I can re-enter society feeling my very best at my 'happy weight'. Thanks to SlimFast, I know it won't be long until I'm back to my size sexy".
Weight loss is not just about losing weight; it's also about gaining confidence, being happy within yourself, and achieving your happy weight. Read on to find out how Kelly is finding success with her top six tips for her Lockdown MOT,
- Be good to yourself: "Happiness is contagious; it motivates us to feel better about ourselves, and feel positive in any situation. I choose a new daily activity to enjoy; I adore my garden and nature, it's a real therapy for me and 'escapism' from my busy day. I can put my phone down and zone out, we all need that from time to time".
- Always start the day right: "Don't skip breakfast! A SlimFast Advanced Vitality Shake is all I need to get my day off to a good start; I mix it up with a coffee shot or a handful of fresh fruit. Each SlimFast Vitality shake is packed with protein and 23 vitamins and minerals; this sets me up for my daily burst of exercise, maybe a brisk walk or Pilates. I know if I start my day right, I've got a better chance of staying motivated and happy throughout the day".
- Homelife, work life: "I've really enjoyed making my home space versatile for my working day, it's kept me feeling energised and happy. You don't need a lot of room, as I can't go to the gym or my local coffee shop, I've created different stations in my home dedicated to things I like to do; reading corner, gin bar/coffee shop, and yoga space".
"When I feel organised in my living space, it's a total game-changer. One thing I can't live without is my new label machine, it's been the best investment ever – my kitchen jars, and beauty essentials are all named. It's amazing".
- Get up and dance: "I love music – it's uplifting and never fails to put a smile on my face. If I'm not listening to Heart FM, I like to make a soundtrack for my day to get me in the mood. Whether I'm working, cooking, or just chilling – a positive frame of mind helps me focus and gets me feeling my best. Check out the SlimFast Spotify playlist for an instant pick-me-up".
- Picture it, set a goal: "There are so many places I'd like to visit around the world, and more importantly people I'd like to spend more time with. Time out from our normal routine helps us appreciate the important things in life; rather than dwell on the things I can't do, I'm keeping a list of everything I want to do in the near future. That way, I'm always focused on the positives".
"I'm also really enjoying new ways to style my home. Pinterest, I'm obsessed! I love creating boards for inspiration, it's so therapeutic and creative".
- Get resourceful: "I try to make my life as wholesome and healthy as possible – our wellbeing is more important than ever right now. I eat well – I love cooking up healthy low-calorie meals, and I've been experimenting with batch cooking. I made a Primavera Pizza from the NEW SlimFast Food Not FOMO Recipe Book this week. It was delicious, easy and nutritious".
Explore our other blogs
on the SlimFast 3.2.1. Plan, recipes, and advice to get going.
Team SlimFast x